Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Entry the first!

Well, I've started this here new blog. It needs a bit of sprucing up, but I'll soon see to that. Today was a good day, although busy. I'm still having trouble with Amazon, trying to get them to take off the "Temporarily out of stock," business that keeps putting people off buying the book. A rather tedious business, I must say.

Last Friday was probably one of the best learning curves I've ever had, as I was part of the Frank O'Connor Festival in the Southword Showcase. I did a reading of my published work, alongside two other writers - Tania Hershman and Julian Campredon. Both absoultely fantastic and established talents. It was an honour to be a part of it, not to mention extremely nerve-wracking. Managed to garble it out without falling over, mind you. So, thats a tick for the "Pro," box and thankfully, the Con one is empty. It was a fantastic thing to be able to do.

More meetings this week, the diary's pretty full but it won't be as bad once I begin my stint at Gaiety. Although, I'm not looking forward to all the commuting between Dublin and Cork again. Still, it must be done.

That's all for now. Glad to have a shiny new blog to play with.

No comments: